Monday, April 5, 2010

Three Quick Things

I
I know a lot of guys my age are saying this, but I can't believe I'm going to watch someone younger than me coaching in the NCAA Finals tonight.

II
Since everyone loves statistics, it's my pleasure to point out that Albert Pujols is currently batting .800 and has homered in 40% of his at-bats so far this season.

III
And finally, this non-sports-related thing (unless you consider punk rock a sport), which may have been influenced by this (both groups were Australian), but far, far surpasses it.  Harder doesn't always mean better, but in this case it does.  I won't go so far as to say that either of them outdoes the majesty of the original, however.  This (unfortunately lo-fi) live document is also pretty darn good, a very rare instance of an "all-star jam" that doesn't suck.  Nilsson's version ain't bad either.  And, if you want to throw up in your mouth, there's also this very sassy version (seriously, don't click on this if you've just eaten).

No comments: