Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things I Never Thought I'd Hear - #62

Andy Griffith saying "f*ck".

(It happens in the bonus documentary on the A Face in the Crowd DVD when Griffith is recalling a piece of direction he received from Elia Kazan, though I wish I could say I saw it in an Andy Griffith Show blooper reel.)

Additional clarification:
Is this really something I never thought I'd hear, or is it something I thought I'd never hear?  I think it's the former because the possibility of hearing Andy Griffith say the word "f*ck" is something I never contemplated until I actually heard it.  It's not as if I thought, "boy, I bet I'll never get to hear Andy Griffith say the word 'f*ck'".

Additional point:
The Andy Griffith Show is one of the finest series in the history of television.  Top ten, easy.

No comments: